Data Migration Service Provided By Sreyas
Data migration is the process of moving data from one system to another, from one format to another, or from one application to another application. Transferring data from one system to another, updating to a new software program, or changing the storage format are all examples of data migration. Data migration also involves gathering data from the source system, converting it to fit the destination system, and uploading the data into the targeted system.
Data migration is critical for businesses and organizations that want their data to be current and accessible. Gartner advocates “disentangling” data and applications to overcome data gravity and shift apps and data to more beneficial contexts. Firms may enhance their data management, facilitate application accessibility, and improve data governance by allocating time at the start of the project to figure out data and application problems.
Types of migrations:
- Storage migration
- Cloud migration
- Application migration
Approach for data migration:
- Planning: planning for the process includes understanding the scope of migration, having knowledge about the source and target system, specifying data mapping, and allocating resources for migration are all under the planning phase. Which is an important phase in migration.
- Data Assessment and Mapping: Understand the format and structure of the data by data assessment. It helps in data mapping since it defines how the migrated data should be mapped to the target source.
- Data Extraction: Data extraction from the source system done with the help of a query database, accessing files, or using specialized tools. While extraction ensures data integrity.
- Data Transformation and Cleansing: Before importing data to the target source, transform the extracted data. To carry out the transformation use ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) tools or custom scripts.
- Data Loading: After data transformation upload it into the target source. Ensure the completeness and accuracy of the data imported into the system after proper validation and verification.
- Testing and Validation: After successfully importing the data into the target system, thorough testing is done to verify that complete, and accurate data has been transferred into the system.
- Data Governance: Considered data governance throughout the migration process. Include data privacy and security along with data quality controls and monitoring processes in the data governance phase.
Have Any Enquiries?
Let’s discuss business over a coffee
At our company, we are committed to delivering excellent products and services to our clients. But, we don’t expect you to take our word for it. We have received several positive testimonials from our satisfied customers, see what our customers have to say about our service..
Great work by Sreyas. We are a small SF-based Nonprofit and there was no way we could have got someone to do this work at this price and quality. Thank you Ciril and team.
Great work fast turnaround. The Sreyas team is highly skilled and responsive. We are happy to have them work with us.
My four projects with Sreyas all went very well. It is a relief to know that I am dealing with a project manager and team that is very competent, accessible, proactive, communicative, organized, detail-oriented, and caring! I very strongly recommend this company.