Business Website In Drupal By Sreyas
Leavenworth.org is a Drupal site that has a lot of content in the form of business profiles, business listings, user data, and event data. The original website was built in 2017 on Drupal 7 and wasn’t flexible enough to sustainably accommodate all these requirements. This project went live in November 2018.
- The initial task was to migrate all those data to WordPress from Drupal.
- Custom backend interface integration for data management.
- They wanted us to build a responsive website with social media integration.
- Migration from Drupal to WordPress.
- Data migration was done using a custom-built system,
- which creates custom posts in WordPress corresponding to nodes in Drupal and WordPress users for corresponding Drupal users.
- Custom backend interfaces for business data management.
- A custom interface was built and integrated into the WordPress backend for managing inter-related business data in a single place.
- Using this interface admin can perform CRUD operations on the business listings, business profiles,s, and related users.
- These are inter-related data, but in the WordPress backend business listings and business profiles are two different post types and user and default WordPress users.
- Website chat is implemented in the website for good communication.
- Highly complex recurring events were listed in the events calendar.
- 1. Wine and cider tasting rooms
- 2. Wineries
- 3. Dog-friendly
- 4. Family friendly
- 5. Tour friends
- WordPress was quickly identified as the ideal solution because of its ability to generate a great experience for content creators.
- WordPress provides timeless design, endless flexibility fields, and integrated technology.
After just over a year of working on the project, the “Leavenworth” website was launched in 2018. Drupal 7 to WordPress Migration: Most of the available data from the old system had to be migrated into a new system. This has been a time-consuming task, both because of the different data structures and the amount of data sets. A custom backend interface was integrated into the website.