WordPress to Drupal9 migration is not an easy task. Because It has installed multiple modules, many of which were incompatible modules. The modules that must be installed are listed below. Check that you have Drupal 9 compatible modules installed. DRUSH is another program that you must have installed.
- WordPress Migrate
- Mitrage Tools
- Migrate Manifest
- Migrate Plus
Install and then enable modules.
Composer is used by Drupal 9 users to install these modules.
- composer require ‘drupal/ctools:^3.13’
- composer require ‘drupal/wordpress_migrate:^3.0@alpha’
- composer require ‘drupal/migrate_tools:^6.0’
- composer require ‘drupal/migrate_manifest:^3.0’
- composer require ‘drupal/migrate_plus:^6.0’
Export WordPress Content.
Log into your WordPress admin account, select Tools, then click Export. Verify the file size of the WordPress content that has been exported. You must increase the upload maximum size in the php. in the file if it is larger than 2MB. It has a 2MB default size. Restart your server, clear the cache, and reload Drupal.
Import from WordPress.
- If you want to import every category from WordPress, add the vocabulary term “Categories” to Drupal.
- Under structures, click migrations, and then click “Import from WordPress.”
- Upload XML file from WordPress
- Choose vocabularies for tags and categories.
- Select the corresponding content type ( Basic Page and Articles ). If you had additional content types in WordPress, you should do the same in Drupal.
- Then Choose the format type for each content type (Full HTML or Basic HTML).
- Afterward, rename the generated migration group.
- Drupal imported all of the WordPress content. Start the import process after that, followed by the execution of the pages, tags, categories, posts, and comments.
- Finally, check all imported items.
- The execution page can be RESET to restart the import if something goes wrong there.