Making sure software and mobile apps are dependable and of high quality is crucial in the fast-paced, technologically-driven world of today. A thorough and well-defined testing procedure is the first step on the road to developing outstanding software. Quality assurance is a dedication to excellence rather than just a procedure. Sreyas IT Solutions has been able to consistently provide high-quality software and mobile apps because of its industry standards, best practices, and critical insights. These have helped us with everything from test planning and design to execution, defect tracking, and continuous improvement.
The Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) is a systematic and organized technique to guarantee software application quality and dependability. It is an important stage in the software development process that involves planning, creating, executing, and reporting on various testing activities.STLC is critical in minimizing software development risks by finding and addressing faults before they reach end users. It helps in cost savings by lowering the costs of post-release fault correction and maintenance. Furthermore, it boosts user happiness and confidence in the program, thus helping an organization’s reputation and competitive edge. Sreyas IT Solutions is very diligent in testing the application, we provide different types of manual testing.
Our Approach and Methods for a Successful STLC
- Requirement Gathering and Analysis: We begin by understanding the particular needs of the customer. This covers the kind of software that has to be created, who the target audience is, and what kind of features are anticipated from the SRS(Software Requirement Specification) documentation.
- Test Planning and Environment Setup: A test plan outlines the goals, resources, schedule, tactics, and scope of the testing. To make sure it meets their expectations, this strategy is frequently addressed and shared with the customer. Test scenarios and test cases are developed based on the requirements specified by the client. The testing environment is configured by the company, it includes configuring all the necessary hardware, software, and network settings.
- Test Execution: The developed software is tested in the test environment by the tester, and the process involves executing the test cases and comparing the actual results with the test results. Different types of manual testing are conducted at Sreyas to fulfill our client’s request. Functional testing, UI testing, compatibility testing, penetration testing, usability testing, and many more.
- Defect Reporting and Tracking: The issues or bugs that arise during the testing will be reported back to the corresponding developers through a defect report document managed by the tester. Defects are prioritized based on their severity. Frequent tracking of the reported defects will be done to ensure the management and resolution of defects. Defect reports are generated by the tester, which helps to update the client regularly.
- Regression Testing: After the developer fixes all the reported defects, regression testing is conducted by the tester to ensure that the error fix has not led to the creation of new errors and that the existing functionality is not affected.
- Client Review and Feedback: Sreyas follows agile methodology, which gives much importance to client involvement. The clients will be regularly updated with the testing process, and they will be actively involved in the review process. Thus their feedback and requirements are expressed, and the required changes will be considered by the team.
- Test Closure: As the testing is completed and the software meets the client’s requirements test closure procedures are carried out. All the testing activities, results, and improvements to be made are summarized and the documents requested by the client will be handed over.
Post Launch Support
Sreyas offers post-launch support to our clients, the services include maintenance, and testing to address issues that may arise during the production. Continuous improvement of the site by testing as per the request of the client, which is also provided by Sreyas.
The benefits that Sreyas has seen after executing STLC in software development are given below:
- The requirements of the clients are clearly specified for each stage of the project. Thus increasing the consistency and effectiveness of testing resulting in better fulfillment of the client’s expectations.
- Defining the goals of each test clearly can help to thoroughly test the functions, thus preventing defects from propagating to subsequent stages of development.
- Early bug detection conducted during the development phase can save time and effort than fixing them later.
- Identifies the most effective testing techniques for each feature, and thus attain maximum product quality.
Thus Software Testing Life Cycle is an approach that brings numerous benefits to the development projects. STLC ensures that high-quality projects with minimum risk and cost are provided for user satisfaction.